“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
There have been many people in our lives that have inspired us to lean towards the more “unconventional” side and have helped us get to this place. Let’s give credit where it’s due.
- Our moms and dads. As much as they don’t want to admit it, they sure raised us to be independent and adventurous. Katy’s Dad, Rob, is also letting us borrow his truck for six months. Thanks!
- Our friends Annie and Colter, the originals. These crazy people have traveled the globe and taught us how to bike tour like pros.
- Jeff Monson whose motto we will never forget – “Don’t ever come back from a vacation before laying plans for the next one.”
- Our friends in Mexico. Y’all know who you are. Living in trailers, tents, campers, and palapas on the sand, you have taught us that simple living is the way.
- John Mercer, who quit his awesome job at Deschutes Brewery and is currently biking around the world with his fiancee Emily for two and half years. Totally inspiring. Check them out at At Our Own Pace.
- Suzanne Johannsen, our Ameriprise Financial Adviser Even though she probably wants us to save more for retirement, she’s helped us tremendously along the way.
- Chris “Super D” Dodson. As Chris’ bromance brother, Super D helped with the surfing stoke. An Oregon surfer for years, he helped us to buck up and surf in 50 degree sharky water.
- Farmers Insurance. Hey, yeah for Farmers! Even though Chris was put through the ringer in the three years he worked there, it enabled us to save some dough. Thanks to “the man” for the free car, gas, cell phone, and more!